Frequently Asked Questions.
If you don’t find the answers here, please contact us.
What areas does myHandyPro cover?
We cover most areas in Southeastern Wisconsin. (see map)
What is the minimum order that I can make?
Two hours is the minimum amount of time that you can reserve. We can often do many projects in the same visit, so start your list.
How much will my service cost?
We have three pricing structures:
- Hourly Rates – myHandyPro services can be charged by the hour, with a 2 hour minimum. At the time of booking clients simply list their requested projects. When our handyman arrives you may give more specific instructions about what you would like done. If materials are needed a list will be suggested for the client’s approval and the handypro will purchase the items needed for the cost of the materials and the time it takes to retreive them.
- Service Packages – Service packages of monthly and quarterly services are available at a reduced hourly rate. Take care of those time consuming projects forever, by setting up a schedule for your handypro to fix everything on your “To Do List”.
- Remodel Estimate – For larger jobs you can request an on-site estimate for a bid for your job.
How do I pay?
You can either pay by check, cash, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover or PayPal.
What services do you perform?
We can perform a wide array of repair and maintenance tasks. For a list of suggested projects see our Service List If you don’t see your project on the list, don’t worry we may still be able to do it.
Are plumbing and electrical available?
We can perform minor repairs as listed in the services listing. For major plumbing and electrical jobs we have licensed professionals ready to help, please call or email for further details.
Do you provide estimates?
We often don’t visit the job site before the scheduled appointment for simple tasks. When you book the appointment we can give you a good idea of how long similar jobs have taken, and then when your technician arrives at your home he may update the estimate.
How many projects are we able to perform in a single visit?
Often projects can be small, and your technician can perform as many tasks as possible during your scheduled times.
What are our operating days/hours?
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00 PM are our operating hours. Contact us for emergencies and service outside of our regular work day.
Do you have any time minimums?
We have a 2 hour billing minimum. Which includes 1/2 hour travel and set up time.
What time/day should I expect my handypro to arrive?
You may schedule a start of the day appointment or an afternoon appointment. When you book we will give you a window of time of when to expect your technician.
Is same day service available?
Yes, we may need to charge an additional fee. If you are interested in next day or same day service please contact our office at 414-530-7043.
Do I need to be home for the service?
If it is your first myHandyPro visit then you will need to be home for the beginning and completion of your project. If you are a regular customer then other arrangements can be made.
How do I book a service call?
Simply contact us, tell us about what you need done, answer a few quick questions and we will book your appointment, call or text 414-530-7043 or e-mail us..
How do I prepare for my service call? What if I don’t have any tools?
Just relax and let us do the work. If you like you can make a list of all of the projects that you would like done, clear the area of any tough to get to spots, and shop for any custom materials that you think you might like to pick out. Our pro will come with all of the tools, equipment and some standard materials to do many jobs.
What if the job requires materials that your pro may not have?
If needed we will go on a shopping trip to get the necessary materials (approved by you). The cost for the shopping trip will be the cost of the materials plus the time for the shopping trip.
Can I sign up for a special priced myHandyPro Maintenance Package at the time of the service call?
Yes. You can have the piece of mind that we can take care of all of your “To Do” list and keep your home well maintained, while receiving discount pricing. You can sign up for monthly, quarterly or every 6 month maintenance plans by calling 414-530-7043 or e-mail us.
What if I think of something last minute can I add it on?
Depending on the technician’s schedule we may be able to add on additional time to your visit. If extra time is unavailable, we can assist you in scheduling a follow-up visit.
When and how can I change/cancel my handyman service appointment?
To make changes to your handyman service appointments please allow 48 hours notice. Unfortunately changes with less than 48 hours notice are subject to a cancellation fee of $50.00.
When making my booking I was asked about special instructions, what does that mean?
If you have any preferences about the work, special instructions about care, materials that you already have ready for the job, or other details that you think that we need to know then please let us make a note on your agreement about special instructions.
Will I receive any acknowledgment from you if I book an appointment?
Yes, we will e-mail you a service agreement when you book your service to explain in detail how all of our policies work.
What type of warranty or satisfaction guarantee do you offer?
Your satisfaction is our guarantee. You can trust myHandyPro to repair and maintain your home or business. myHandyPro has one priority and that is that the service we provide is on time and done right.
Will I be charged sales tax?
The tax treatment of the work performed by contractors depends upon whether the contractor is acting as a retailer or acting as a consumer.
- When the contractor is acting as a consumer, no sales tax is charged on labor or materials. The contractor is a consumer when constructing, installing, repairing or servicing real property (e.g., installing windows, painting a house, installing a furnace). As a consumer, the contractor pays tax on materials purchased and used in performing the real property activity. The contractor’s charge to the customer is not subject to tax.
- When the contractor is acting as a retailer, a seller’s permit is required. A contractor is a retailer when selling, installing, repairing or servicing tangible personal property (e.g., repairing a furnace) or providing a taxable service (e.g., landscaping).